Thursday, March 25, 2010

Might Possibly Be the Best Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Ever...


Ingredients:

WHISK TOGETHER AND SET ASIDE
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt

CREAM WET INGREDIENTS
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla

THEN STIR IN
3 cups oats (not instant)
1 1/2 cups raisins

Directions:
1 Preheat oven to 350°.
2 Whisk dry ingredients; set aside.
3 Combine wet ingredients with a hand mixer on low.
4 To cream, increase speed to high and beat until fluffy and the color lightens.
5 Stir the flour mixture into the creamed mixture until no flour is visible.
6 (Over mixing develops the gluten, making a tough cookie.) Now add the oats and raisins;
stir to incorporate. (I added a pinch of cinnamon and chopped walnuts)
7 Fill cookie scoop with dough.
8 Form an approximate 2 T ball of dough
9 Drop 2-inches apart onto baking sheet sprayed with nonstick spray.
10 Bake 11-13 minutes (on center rack), until golden, but still moist beneath cracks on top.
11 Remove from oven; let cookies sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a
wire rack to cool.

Being Jon's favorite type of cookie...I typed in " Best Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Ever" into the
google search engine. It's been a very windy cold blustery rainy spring day and the winds
were whispering "bake cookies Amy, bake cookies"....and hey when the wind whispers my name, I listen. I came across this recipe that had 752 VERY postive reviews saying that this cookie just might possible change your life. Review 753: My life might very well be changed. Chewy and yummy, make that very very very yummy. Sincerely and with love for wind and cookies, Amy.

(recipe adapted from recipezaar #35813)

1 comment:

  1. I think I'll make these for my boys tomorrow! I need to blog again... I've missed you Will-Cook-For-Food!

    ReplyDelete